Thursday 6 March 2008

The Recovery

After B-Day

After Finley was born we were taken up to the ward and Daddy B had to say goodbye for now, he was allowed to return a few hours later when it was visiting time. The epidural wore off and the pain started!! I had always worried about the labour pains and had not even thought about the 'after pains'. I pressed the buzzer for the midwife and screamed for pain relief (preferrabley the gas & air again). The midwife explained that I had had a 3rd degree tear, which was quite bad and extremly painful. I was given pain relief which helped a little - time was the best healer.


As I was healing Finley had developed quite bad jaundice. He was now our 'little yellow man' after two days of phototherapy he wasuch better and we were finally allowed home.








No comments: